Concern about (lack of) support

Dear Knack.

I have a general concern about your product and services. I have a pro-account that I am paying for - and when your service has issues, or I am having trouble I usually reach out. You state a 1-business-day response on your pricing page - that is what I expect to get from you…

Now I have an issue with a simple max-field that has worked for the last year - which suddenly stops working. this field is an essential part of my web-app.

Could you please state when I can expect support - and also whether it is possible to pay for additional support when you cannot deliver your promised support!

Hey Jeppe,

Thanks for reaching out, and we appreciate your patience as handle times are a little higher than usual.

We are working through our tickets quickly to get you the support you need and pay for. To shed some light on the Support world, we have hired a few new team members, and we’re hard at work getting these new Support Advocates up to speed to provide support promptly.

As you see changes in the product, we want to ensure that our Support Team is also evolving as well. We promise this is different from what it will be like moving forward; however, we appreciate your patience as we work through some changes.

Veronica - Director of Customer Success at Knack

1 Like

Hi Jeppe,

I’m experiencing the same frustrations. Fields that worked perfectly fine until 2 days ago and now don’t. Bigger frustration is that I’m not getting a response from Knack - just crickets :woman_shrugging:

Hey @ZapBaum60976 and @Jeppe . As Veronica said, we’re working really hard to get through the tickets in the order they came in, but if you would like to send us your ticket number here, we can have a look and make sure that it has been added to the correct priority list and will be seen to soon!

Hi Ally.

You have resolved my topic - by giving me a lot extra work in having to change the app I have made.

You should read what ZapBaum also says. You’re making changes in the app so fields that worked last week suddenly stops working. That is a very big pain to work with. I am having some doubts whether this platform is the right for me because I will most likely be running 6-8 apps within 6 months, and backtracking to find errors it a waste of my time…

Could you please give a little feedback why you made the changes so fields stopped working, and if you’re planning on doing that again anytime soon…

Venlig hilsen

Jeppe W. Jensen

firma: konsulnt | mobil: +45 40829988 | mail: jeppe@konsulnt.dk | cvr: 40588930

I am on a higher plan and the support isnt any better unfortunately. I have to communicate to users that certain functions wont work and there isn’t an ETA. I really do hope that the support actually does improve as it hasn’t since they said it would

Hi All,

We understand the frustration that this issue has caused, and it looks like we have found a better way forward here.

This change in how Max fields work was not intended. Our engineers are reviewing the issue and believe that they have found a solution which will bring back the old way that Max fields work without needing any changes on your end, however, we must wait until tomorrow (Monday) to release this to test it adequately.

As for any future changes, very rarely do we need to remove functionality and if we do, we will be communicating these changes in a timely manner.

Again, we appreciate your patience during this time!

2 Likes

Hi Veronica, thanks for taking this matter seriously - and solving our problems. however; i also hope that you have read the real matter of my initial post - that the support we pay for often do not match what Knack delivers. I understand if it at times can be hectic, in your end - but also hope that you will focus on that to make it better.! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Jeppe!

Yes, we hear you and we understand the urgency of SLA and take this seriously. We are doing our utmost to resolve the tickets as quickly as possible.

I also wanted to follow up with the the Max Fields solution. Our engineering team is working diligently to resolve the issue. We are rigorously testing the solution to make sure that it doesn’t introduce any unexpected changes for users.

Again, we appreciate your understanding as we get this issue resolved and get back on track with our support SLAs!

1 Like

I have only had two issues since using Knack; however, both times it took 2 weeks to get support. This last time, I literally rebuilt my app faster than I could get help resolving an issue. I love the ease of building within the app, but if you ever need help with something, you are on your own.

1 Like

Hi Holly, I’d be happy to check into this for you! Do you have a current ticket number that we could check for you? I’ll be standing by to look into things and help get things resolved as quickly as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes completely agree. I feel like the team is making changes behind the scenes that cause unexpected bugs and is then unable to provide support when users face issues. I have submitted multiple tickets during the past week and no help so far.

Support still not improving, 6 days without reply on my last one. Feeling abandoned.

Hey Austin - do you have a ticket number for me? I can check and see what is happening with your ticket.

Hi Ally,

Ticket (#171175),

I added a message to it this morning and the auto reply was a different number (171295) so not sure whats going on there…

Got it! Will be responding shortly - it is at the top of the queue.

I’m genuinely sorry that you are feeling abandoned - that is not how we want our customers to feel. We want them to feel elated, excited, supported and all the good feelings when dealing with Knack Support.

Thank you for your patience while we get ourselves there - it won’t be long now and we will have a Support Team that you can depend on.

We are currently changing ticketing systems to be able to give you a better experience, but still running the tickets through the old system to make sure we don’t miss any of them - that is why the duplicate numbers. No worries, we can see the tickets on both numbers!

I’ll be in touch on the ticket!

Thank you, I have the reply now.

I have issues that have been unresolved since August of 22 - when you migrated the back end. There have been multiple attempts by engineering to fix the issues, each of which has only partially fixed the issue. The lack of support is truly astounding. We’ve been customers for years, but we are so frustrated by the changes in the last 8 months. (Current ticket # 171835, though like others, it seems every response gets a new ticket number.)

Hey Deanna

We appreciate you reaching out on here, and are truly sorry for the lack of progress you have experienced on your issue. I see that @Cesar has been in touch with you on this ticket, but I will ask him to reach out again - we don’t want you feeling like the lines of communication are closed and we will do what we can to make sure you are kept up-to-date on the happenings with this bug.

Just to explain the ticket numbering issue - we are in the process of moving platforms for our support tickets - the aim here is to lower our response times and give you the service you deserve. We are running both platforms simultaneously, so you are being assigned different ticket numbers. This should stop really soon as we are 99% over to our newer, more effective system.

I can’t say this enough - there are great things happening with Knack, and we appreciate your patience while we navigate the road there.

My whole app has gone blank since about a week now. I’ve been sending messages and also logged Bug support tickets several times. Reaching out here as a last try…