Inactive users in dropdown menu

Hi 

Is there a way to not diplay an inactive user in a dropdown input box.

For example, XXX table is connected to YYY accounts table.

In YYY table, Mr Smith is from now on an inactive user. 

I dont want the user to be able to select Mr Smith in the selection dropdown.

Thanks

So simple !! 

Thank you

Hi

Just add a filter on the dropdown in the view of User Status is active:

![](upload://e5ayhpcWDtUbsXBA6PefZKfylix.png)

Hope this helps.

Julian

Just jumping onto this old chain as I am having the same issue. Our drop down field with connections to employees shows all inactive and active employees. Is there a current work around to only show the active ones?

As @JulianKirkness mentioned above you can filter connections from the builder. Click on the field in the view (builder > pages) in the settings you’ll see a filter you can then filter the inactive accounts.

Just a caution with the filters you can’t do or filters only and ones. I hope that this is on Knacks roadmap as it needs to be sorted.

Hope this helps

Craig

Does it matter that my connections are in a calendar? I can’t seem to see anywhere to filter the connections within the calendar fields but perhaps I am missing it?

Hi @Meagan

If you are talking about an add event form, then select the connection field (Assessed By is my Accounts field):

Then on the left hand side of the screen you will see this:

If you click Add Filter then choose these settings:

If this isn’t what you are talking about then can you, please give me more details so that I can try and help?

Craig

I can see where I can apply filters to when you edit an existing calendar record so that it only displays active users as in your examples above, but I can’t seem to get it to only show active when creating a new record within the calendar. So when I am in my live calendar, if I click on a date to add a new event, I can’t seem to get that view to only show the active employees. This is how we primarily create new events is directly in the calendar itself.

The example I was showing was adding an event/record to a calendar view. When you first click on the calender you can edit the add event form. I think it’s the bottom option when you first click on the calender.

The option you are displaying is the display popup for an event. This will only ever display the account that was already added.

I’m sorry if I am not getting this right. I think I may be missing something.

Craig

Thanks Craig! There ended up being about 3 or 4 different areas within the calendar in which you can apply the filter and I was able to finally find them all and get them all set to active so that seems to be working. Really appreciate your help!

1 Like