Drop down selection list defined by user roles

Good morning,
I am wondering is there a way without code to display the contents of a dropdown depindeing on the user role.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You could use filters on the drop down list. Each drop down would need to be a connection and you associate each user with items within the connection table. Then you say If user = X then show only records connected to that user.
Peter

2 Likes

Hi Peter
Thank you for taking the time.
Sorry I am not sure where I would set the filters for the drop down field.
Could you just point me in the direction.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @EnginMehme56190 !

I created a simple example app in hopes to show you a way that this can be done. I’m not sure if this will be able to be applied to your app’s setup, but hopefully you can get a better idea of what needs to be configured.

I have done the following with my app:

• Created tables for Companies and a use role table for Employees.
  • Created a second user role for Part Time Contractors.
  • Assigned each Employee record with a user role (Employees and/or Part Time Contractors).
  • In the Companies table, I created a connection field to the Employees user role table (Each company connects with many Employees and each Employee connects with one Company).

I then also created an Edit Form view to edit existing Company records and included the Employees connection field in order to allow Employees to be assigned to Companies. In the Employees connection field input properties, I have set a filter as seen below in the screenshot:

This filter makes it where users can only see Employee records in the dropdown field input to select that do not also possess a Part Time Contractor user role.

I hope this helps in pointing you in the right direction, however, if you would like further assistance with this please don’t hestitate to reach out to our support team. They will be happy to take a look at your setup and help you configure your filter(s). You can reach out to them via the chat widget in the Builder or by submitting this form.

Thank you for sharing and have a great week! :slight_smile:

1 Like