Global app settings for default submit rules

Updated the title of this topic. I think there’s a product update somewhere in here, and wanted to share some thoughts, along with copying in a recent quote from another post.

This comment does a great job of expanding a bit on this request: Live App: Menu View Design Settings

I actually started thinking about this recently when reviewing this request: Add table lines just pressing an "add line" button

My hunch is that the problem that addresses that need is more about making it very quick and easy for live app users to add a new record while working with other records in the live app. There are different scenarios and plenty of limitations to be considered, but I think we’ve got some existing functionality that may actually get us most of the way there, if we just did a better job helping builders update their app to achieve a more ideal flow, with:

• Add Forms (especially when inserting connected records) should default to be linked to from menu views, which can sit immediately above or below a table
  • With child pages that open in a modal pop-up
  • That have submit rules that redirect to the parent page

I know I’m preaching the choir here, but wouldn’t mind some feedback from you all.

1. Do the points I listed hit the mark? Or is there more to it? (custom JS, anything else you all employ?)
  2. Would global app settings with default rules be the best option, or are these settings really only best served for “Add” forms, and would require that specificity?

Thanks for your help grooming this feature request!

1 Like