Dropdown

Is there a way to rearrange items in a dropdown page?

I’m not familiar with the term “dropdown page”, can you provide more information on your setup :man_shrugging:

Do you mean dropdown list?

If you’re using a multi choice field you can click and drag options to rearrange the order in which they appear. The “quick edit” link allows you to add many multiple choice options through typing or cut and paste.

If your list is coming from a connected object then I recommend adding a number field called “Running Order” to set the order of the values, and then sort the table by that column. This makes the drop down list appear in the order of the running order rather than the text options.

Dropdown page.

Ooh… a dropdown menu :wink:

You can’t reorder the pages while they are under AMA Reports menu. You have to remove them, reorder and then add them back in.

AH OK.
Thanks so much Carl. Never thought of that.

1 Like

Glad to help, please mark as “solution” :+1:

Will do.
THanks again!

Carl,
Do you know of a way to make the column titles static (not scroll)?

Hey @EdCooper15510 - do you mean like this?

Sticky Headers

You need to have the app set as full not max width for this to work well. It’s not a perfect solution but I’ve been using it for years and all of my clients seem to prefer it. :+1:

If you’ve not found my YouTube channel then there are a few videos with tips and tricks worth checking out.

Don’t forget to subscribe

Where do you set that?

Hi @EdCooper15510

It’s not a native Knack feature so it’s not set, you add it as custom code into the CSS section.
The code is in the video description, and below.

thead {
position:sticky;
top:0px;
z-index:5;
}
/* Repeat for each table you want a Sticky Header */
#view_162 .kn-table-wrapper {
max-height: 700px;
}

You have to add it for each table you want to have sticky headers on. The below is what it would look like for three different table views.

thead {
position:sticky;
top:0px;
z-index:5;
}
#view_162 .kn-table-wrapper {
}
#view_163 .kn-table-wrapper {
}
#view_163 .kn-table-wrapper {
}

Got it.
Thanks.

Carl,
I’ve done extensive work on an edit form.
Is there any way to create an add form using the same layout as the edit form and vice versa?
Same for the view form.
Would same me hours and hours of work and guaranty the 2 forms would be the same.

Carl,
Forget that last email. I figured a way around my challenge.

Hi Carl.
Is there a way to save the ADD form when submit it hit and go directly to the EDIT form for that record?

Ed

For the form, use Rules, Submit Rule, Redirect to an existing page, and then select the page.

Carl,
Perfect.
Thanks!

Carl,
Is there a way to add a SUBMIT button on the top of the form.
I

Theses isn’t an option to add a submit button to the top of a form. I’m not a coder and not yet found a suitable solution that works consistently

Set the form submission to redirect to a child page and then add an edit page for that record.