Fellow designers - help us to boost this one up! I'm sure this feature will enhance almost any type of app. Custom ordering of data can be used in many ways to provide more functionality. Customizing priority is very important.
To clarify - we'd like the user or designer to be able to manually change the order of records on the front end or back end, on the fly. Once new order is set, it should also be noted that API calls will pull records in the new order.
Here's just a few examples I can think of from the top of my head. But please comment if you have a specific use-case.
- Queuing / Take a number system / support ticketing - as staff member provide assistance, they can set their priority and work flow for who to help.
- Inventory management - setting priority for ordering/re-ordering, and/or how inventory records are presented in the app.
- CRM / Task management - setting priority of tasks, custom user hierarchies
- Digital signage / company score boards - show metrics and KPI information on digital displays in the order management prefers.
- CMS - ordering of photos, media files, etc for desired viewing on web pages and screens.
- Field tech job list - adjust the order of jobs according to their schedule and route.
To me, it's pretty obvious there's many more applications for this, and we don't even work in these fields! We are only a digital signage company using Knack for a CMS :)
This is also closely related to our suggestion of the Auto-Increment number field to update when there are changes to the data, located here: https://support.knack.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360019030131-Auto-Increment-Update-Records-After-Changes
Help us vote this one up and let Knack know how it will benefit YOU! THANKS EVERYONE!