Auto Increment - Update Records After Changes

As a Builder that uses Knack as a CMS the ordering/index of records is VERY important, I would like it if there was an option for the Auto Increment field could automatically re-assign all the numbers if any changes are made.

For example - if I delete a record, I want all the numbers to reset so the correct numbers are in the correct order for the remaining records. Currently, if you have 50 records, and you delete the 3rd record, the numbering of the remaining records will be 1, 2, 4, 5...49. I want the Auto Number to immediately reset all the numbers of remaining records to 1,2,3,4....48.

As another example, the same would apply if I make an update that changes the 'order' of a record. For example, I rename a field that puts the 3rd record as the 1st record when sorting. The current ordering would be 3,1,2,4,5...50. I would like this AutoNumber field to immediately set the numbering of the new order to 1,2,3,4....50.

By the way, this is also similar to my post on custom drag/drop ordering of records, why they are important, and several examples: https://support.knack.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014395531-Custom-Sort-Order-for-Records