Application Performance Environment Update: Oct 2022

Hi everyone!

We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve completed our migration to a brand-new performance environment. We’ve migrated over 50,000 apps and 250 million records. This is an exciting milestone for Knack, and we can’t wait for you all to see the improvements it will bring.

We’re leveraging new technology to deliver greater performance, which means faster applications and happier users. This new environment will also bring exciting product updates and some exciting new features currently in development, including a revamp to the header and page menu.

Check out Knack’s blog for more details on this update: Application Performance Environment Update: Oct 2022 - Knack Blog.

2 Likes

Great @Ranasha !!

The loading speed is way much faster now. And I have to say it had an impact on some of my App design decisions.

Go Knack!!!

New Builder + New Performance Environment + more resources = NO LIMITS !!

1 Like

I think this update caused a small feature I had implemented to break.
I used a conditional rule to fill FIELD A with the value in FIELD B if FIELD A was blank.
But now, when I create a new record, FIELD A is “undefined”, not blank. So I had to adjust the conditional rule logic to that.

I’m only linking this issue to this release because the behavior changed between the 18th and the 26th of october. Maybe it’s totally unrelated. I’m leaving the comment just in case it’s useful for someone else.

Hi Nathalie, would you mind submitting a bug report to support@knack.com if you haven’t already so that we could investigate? Thanks!

1 Like