December 2022: Month In Review

The past few months have been a whirlwind of adaptation, listening, and learning.

• As of October, Knack completed the backend transition of our database technology system, which represented the most significant investment in the past 2 years. This will unlock immense potential for app building and scaling in the future.
  • We hired new experts in almost every department (we’re still hiring)
  • We’ve prioritized getting closer to our customers and partners through countless calls, interviews, surveys. We appreciate your feedback, loyalty and passion. If you ever want to connect, we are here.

At Knack, we are continuously amazed at the creative and powerful ways customers are inventing business-critical solutions and data-driven outcomes at a fraction of the cost of other options. We will be sharing some of the awesome ways customers leverage Knack to drive their businesses - look for those soon. We want to highlight your successes with Knack, with both written and video stories. If you have an exciting application that you’re proud of, we would love to speak to you about it. Please let our Marketing team know at Marketing@knack.com.

We were also thrilled to be included as a G2 High Performer in three distinct categories for Low Code Development Platforms. This recognition highlights vendors that have achieved higher customer satisfaction scores than most of the report participants. Thanks to many of you who have provided G2 with positive Knack reviews.

We have the majority of our engineering team continuing to optimize performance and reliability. As mentioned, we completed the backend transition and since then have been exploring ways to monitor the platform performance overall. As a result, over the past 6 weeks we have implemented a sophisticated application and network monitoring system to get a holistic view of platform speed and network response times. We have seen significant progress with a 27.5% reduction in response times across the platform, directly correlated to changes we’ve been implementing. This remains our top priority and we will continue to see improvements across the platform.

In addition to that work, we gathered a LOT of data points and feedback about Knack - both positive and “opportunities for improvement”—from initial trial sign-up, to building apps, to the end user experience. In a few weeks, we were able to remove several friction points and will continue to do so, while also starting on larger projects from that feedback. These forums have been a wealth of information for someone new like me to learn from, and I appreciate all of the thoughtful feedback to each other, and to me directly.

I’m excited about the New Year for so many reasons: introducing landmark, world-class changes to Knack; building relationships with more low-code developers; and continuing to hire best-in-class employees that are passionate about the customer experience and dedicated to improving Knack.

The best is yet to come!

Cheers!
Kara

8 Likes

I’m excited about the New Year for so many reasons: introducing landmark, world-class changes to Knack; building relationships with more low-code developers; and continuing to hire best-in-class employees that are passionate about the customer experience and dedicated to improving Knack.
The best is yet to come!

I’m also very excited about what’s to come during 2023 with the development of Knack.
I’m very proud to be part of the journey.
If there’s anything I can do to help please let me know.

5 Likes

Another app in production, and another happy and more productive customer.

Yep, it’s going to be a great year!

4 Likes

Hi Kara, nice to meet you and that is a great post!

I see Knack as The WordPress for softwares.

It tells all and transmit that it is a no-code platform, and can use templates, and hopefully soon plugins (free and sold on marketplace).

New builder, new DB technology, more investment, more experts, etc.

The best is yet to come!

:smiley: Go Knack!