Thank you to our beta testers
We want to say a big "Thank You!" to the over 200 beta testers who have been testing the new Knack Builder. We continue to be encouraged by the positive feedback we're receiving on the updated look and feel and the new additions such as side-by-side views, the equation editor and imports. Please continue to share your thoughts and file any bugs directly from the Builder.
Considerable progress has been made on bug fixing and we are feeling much more confident with the new Builder's overall stability. Our engineers are adding hundreds of automated tests that will raise this confidence level even higher.
What's next with the new Builder?
We're expanding the beta program! Soon you will be able to toggle any existing app back and forth between the current Builder and the new Builder. This means you can start to use the new Builder with your existing apps and for building new apps. This will replace our current beta sandbox.
We'll be sending details when the toggle is available. If you currently are a beta tester, we will reach out with specifics on this transition. Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re haven’t already let us know that you’re interested in testing.
Infrastructure & Performance
On the app performance front, our engineering team is deep into work in adding performance benchmarks to ensure that any database structure updates that we evaluate - whether small or large - meet the highest levels of scrutiny.
- Improved app deletion handling.
- More accurate handling of blank date values in rules and tasks.
- Better distribution of jobs to available job runner servers.
- Improved handling for user records created by SSO logins, then transitioned to password-based authorization management.
- Conditional rules can now handle setting Timer to blank values.
- Connection fields in "radio button" format now properly trigger form display rules.
- Improved error handling for declined transactions from Stripe.
- More accurate filter handling results for numeric values stored in text fields.
- Improvements to page rules handling on parent pages.