Detect Duplicates

I’d like to be able to filter any given object or table by a specific field, so that it displays any record in which the content of that field is not unique.

This will allow people to search for duplicate records in order to catch those that need consolidating them.

It might also be a useful tool as part of other workflows such as for reading, reporting and understanding our data. Particularly if it allowed to detect different thresholds of duplicates.

Currently the best way to detect duplicates is to export to CSV open in Excel or your favourite spreadsheet software and use that to detect duplicates. Which is a bit of a chore for such a useful feature.

1 Like

I agree. Yes, being able to catch duplicates will make automation a lot smoother.

2 Likes

I would like to second this request.  Table grouping helps, but if you could put a filter on table grouping just to show 2+ records per grouping, that would also be a solution.

Thanks!

I'd like to be able to filter any given object or table by a specific field, so that it displays any record in which the content of that field is not unique.

This will allow people to search for duplicate records in order to catch those that need consolidating them.

It might also be a useful tool as part of other workflows such as for reading, reporting and understanding our data. Particularly if it allowed to detect different thresholds of duplicates.

Currently the best way to detect duplicates is to export to CSV open in Excel or your favourite spreadsheet software and use that to detect duplicates. Which is a bit of a chore for such a useful feature.

The ability to duplicate records would be a very nice option.

2 Likes

This link is outdated.

Any info regarding how to do it now tith the new biuilder?

1 Like