Update Multiple Records at once

In the builder there is an option to select multiple records and update them all at once.

I'd like to be able to do this on the app side. Similar to being able to do a bunch of inline editing actions in a batch.

My hope is that a feature like this would already have much of the programming already in place to implement this feature.
![](upload://hFU37FJkXi57qXXyDutlIZl4AkD.jpeg)

+3....would make changes much easier

1 Like

You know, in Caspio it is very easy. I am using caspio from last 1 year. But I don't really understand the boundary of knack of having these features.

1 Like

+2

Desperate for this feature

1 Like

+1!

1 Like

Plus nth(x)
This would make apps we are making ultimately more usable.

I desperately need this feature as well.

1 Like

This would be a Very useful feature for me.

1 Like

This would be a massive time saver for users as currently they either need to ask a builder to do it for them or update records one by one.

Yes, this is really a UX shortcoming in this platform. One of the first things users are going to have problems with.

As soon as you check a “Inline editing” even if it is only one column that will be editable, the view should have a button “save changes”. So that the user can change all the fields and only submit the changes after all are edited.

As it is now, if you want to check or uncheck a box, you have to click 3 times, one to open the popup, then select the checkbox, and the third one to save the change. That is very user-unfriendly and not logic to do it this way. Knack has great potential, bit this is a very big disappointment.

1 Like

Hi @PatrickHot45498, @TonyMendoz89128, @TanmoyMitr48693, @AlagoLowe, @Guilhermeb42087,

here is a makeshift for batch updating in the app.

Knack (login details: tt@articulao.de & “tooltip”).

Please ignore the columns A and B.

In the next column, you can select rows for a batch update of Column C or D. Once you have selected some rows, click on the column head of Column C and enter your new value.

It is by no means perfect and could serve as a starting point for further ideas.

1 Like

WOW! excellent @Wolfgang_Brötz . Thanks

You include a link to a pop-up page inside a table column title. Nice idea.

Many uses indeed.