Show Records Not Yet Connected

Hi Everyone,
I have an inventory form with a locations drop-down, to add a location to a product, which creates the inventory record. Problem is, what if a location is already tied to the product? I would like this Location drop-down (connection to the Location object) to not suggest locations if the link is already there.

As of now, it’s set to “Show all the Location records” for the drop-down. However, is there a way to “Show Locations not yet connected to this page’s Product”?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.02.35 PM

Hey Randall.

The only way I’ve been able to implement something like this is using the Knack JS Backed tool. On view render, make an AJAX call to get all records of products with location already filled in and hide/remove those entries from the select element associated with the form. I’m not sure if there’s a cleaner way to achieve this.

Thanks Arjun - I’ll look into this.

I’ve done this kind of thing with Integromat before - but it’s only really possible after the record has been saved. It is possible to have knack wait for a response and display something when a form is saved and in that way the user could be informed - and you could delete the new record when this happens in there as well.

Read some of the articles on my blog about Integromat and Knack:

and in particular:

Let me know if you need any help with the code for this.