Live Fields in detail view

Much like how tables have inline editable fields allow details view to have live fields.

For instance when a staff member brings up a contacts information in the middle of a phone call there might be certain fields that it would be useful to edit quickly without having to click into an edit field. If a field could just be clicked on to edit and the submit that would be really helpful.

I actually think that the distinction between the different types of view i.e Table, Details and Forms, could do with being rethought a little as I think all of these could benefit from some of each others features to allow more flexibility of design.

We really need this! It's insane to open a huge form just to change one field record in detail view.

Agreed. This could have a fairly significant impact on usability and intuitiveness.

Very needed indeed. Very intuitive and FAST.

tks Knack Team!!

Yes please Knack this would be an amazing addition

Yes, totally agree with this!

I get round this by breaking the detail page up into little forms which can quickly be edited and then submitted without loading a form or leaving page. - Its not ideal but handier than loading a whole form.

1 Like