Knack Website Embedding - With Formatting?

Has anyone been able to successfully embed a Knack app, so they can use their own domain & SSL, but not have to do a load of custom CSS over the top? The idea is no code, so I would like to avoid adding in.

I have tried webflow, wix & weebly and they all lose the embedding or Webflow redirects to the Knack URL on mobile/tablet.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes.

To embed a Knack app without needing to do a lot of custom CSS, you have 2 options:

• Publish an HTML website that does not contain any CSS. Here is a step-by-step guide found online:
    How to Publish an HTML Website.

• Remove or disable the stylesheet(s) provided by your website provider. You can probably find instructions from the website provider (Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, Webflow).

Regardless of which option you choose, the goal is to embed on a page that isnā€™t linked to any stylesheets. If your goal is 100% no code, you can ask a developer to publish an HTML page for you.

Hi, thanks for the response.

The remaining issue is that on apple devices, the URLā€™s redirect to the Knack URL. So your custom domain only works for Windows & Android etc.

Thanks
Kyran

1 Like

Hm. Thatā€™s not typical behavior so I would report that to Knack support or ask a developer to investigate for you.

Hi KyranPoole35579

I struggled with this too. The best I managed was to use Weebly - as the Knack documentation recommends - with a completely stripped-back template.

You can do that by:

1. Download the template from GitHub here: GitHub - Weebly/base-less-theme: This is the starting point for LESS based Weebly themes - click the ā€œCodeā€ button at the top right and choose ā€˜Download ZIPā€™.
  2. In Weebly click ā€œThemeā€ then ā€œChange Themeā€.
  3. Click ā€œImport Themeā€ at the top right and add the zip file you downloaded.
  4. Click the ā€œEdit HTML / CSSā€ button at the bottom left of the Theme page.
  5. Click on the file called no-header.html in the side menu.
  6. Select the code that begins with
    down to the
    just under the line that only says {menu} and delete these lines.
  7. Click the Save button at the top right.
  8. Go back to the main Weebly editor page and click the ā€œpublishā€ button.

That worked for me. The only small issue I have is that the header doesnā€™t bleed right to the edge or top of the page, but for the rest, itā€™s pretty good.

Cheers

Chris

Following on from this, yes, youā€™re right, from my iPhone it does redirect to the Knack URL. That is frustrating.

Iā€™ll start a support ticket.

1 Like

My webpage embeds are loading correctly and staying on my site. I am not experiencing the problem you have but I do know from previous experience that if you have a link back to the site somewhere that is hard coded, it will break out of the page onto the knack site.