Knack Performance Enviroment

More of a question for Knack I feel :blush:
@Kat - could you comment.

1 Like

Totally not a question we could answer in the forums either, sorry @Guilherme. Outside of the fact that it’s a transition that everyone is going to have to make at some point, we obviously want it to be a seamless operation. If you’re looking for a more in depth discussion on it, shoot us an email at support@knack.com

Since the performance upgrade we’ve been experiencing slow load times for live pages and constant connection timeout errors when using the builder throughout most of our apps. It’s extremely frustrating when trying to make builder updates but you keep getting disconnected. We’re getting “504 Gateway Error Timeout" for live pages which rarely happened previously. Sometimes when submitting forms in live pages or completing batch updates using the builder the wheel will just keeps spinning or doesn’t indicate any actions have occurred. Not impressed with the performance of the upgrade. Was sold to us an improvement of service but it’s been disappointing so far. Better to wait long as you can before upgrade.

Don’t migrate until they make you. My apps have been broken since August. They’re continuing to try to fix things, but seriously, broken since August. Don’t migrate until you are forced to.

I agree with Marc1 and Deanna, wait until you have to make the transition - hopefully when that does happen, the new environment is more stable.

We really regret making the move. It broke all sorts of stuff and load times is not consistent - sometimes it would be super fast, and a minute later would stall page load. Also a lot of API issues, especially with call limits, from our experience, it is not 10/s as advertised as we have spaced our calls to 10-15s per call and we’d still get 429 errors…

Outside of that, love all the new enhancements and features to the Builder.

I am in exactly the same position with a very lage and complex app thats runs quite a big sales company. The current speed on the OLD system fluctuates a lot and sometimes for short periods is unusable but at least the app works properly otherwise. I have been in communication with Knack about this and they are suggesting a “copy migrate” to the new environment that is then used by myself and selected users for testing. I have 2 other medium apps that have moved over, but the small issues with filters, “contains” etc made it really hard for a week or so to have to change tables, reports etc and there is no speed improvement AT ALL for these user. My advice would be contact them and discuss a test enviroment that doesnt impact on your record count.

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and concerns here - just wanted to let you know that everything related to emergent issues and performance in the new environment is being treated as highest priority items by our engineering team.

In any case, if you run into any issues with the new environment, or have any concerns or questions you can always reach out to us at support@knack.com or via the in-app messenger, if you haven’t already done so, and we’d be happy to address those as soon as we can.

Id suggest holding off as long as you can.

The only improvement I’ve noticed are bulk deletes and bulk imports from within the builder (which are much faster). Other than that I agree with the above comments - regularly very slow live app performance, and many connection errors in the builder. Very frustrating.

Is anyone else having issues with multiple records being created in knack from a single Zap run?

Dean, this might not necessarily be a performance issue - in any case, could you submit a ticket to support@knack.com so that we could take look if you haven’t already done so? Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am in the same situation as you!
Huge slowdown in forms that take more than 1 minute to register! (our users are going crazy)

Our application is in production is strategic for the company,
I uploaded video captures so that the support can see the slowdown.

after several exchanges and a suggestion from me indicate that the problem has happened since the last performance update, the support to concede to a technical problem which was in the process of being resolved!

(found a solution quickly thank you)

1 Like

Hi Marek,

I have let support know but havent had a response. These zaps have been in place for years and only started doing this after the performance upgrade

I apologize! Thanks for communicating in the chat! I’m sorry we haven’t been able to find you relief for this issue so far. We’re going to keep working it.

Hi Everyone, We too have a very large complicated app, with many connections and calculations for , CRM, orders, system processing etc etc.
We are using the new environment and to be frank it is still too slow to load programs.
We no longer complain as we were told not to by the support staff

As Guilherme has said, we need a stable accurate system as we support UK health systems

I think they have a long way to go before the dreaded spinning circles go away.

I hope they stop adding visual features and concentrate on the back end.

1 Like

Either they have no idea how to fix it, or something else is wrong. Do you think we will ever know what really happend here because someone for sure made a big decision that was a mistake. No way is this environment better and dispite bugs being fixed we are still not back to where we were before the move. The actual user experience is mostly awful. I find myseft totally frustrated with it at times.

1 Like

Kara Peabody has recently joined Knack as our new Product Manger. Kara brings a wealth of experience from a similar tech background which has seen phenomenal growth over the last few years. I’ve spoken with her several times and found her to be extremely driven, honest, passionate and laser focused.
I’ve been a Knack Partner for many years and have also been suffering similar frustrations to others. However, I have never felt so confident in Knacks future since Resurgens investment in August. Over the past few months there has been a rapidly increasing number of new highly skilled personnel joining the team.
I feel very confident that with @Kara heading up the product team we will see positive changes.

Please see Kara’s post for more detail:

1 Like

Guilherme,
I won’t give you my opinion, just the facts. It is a fact that my transition to the Performance Environment has been a negative one. Apps still run slow, Equations suddenly stop working and the system overall is just not stable. I am taking a lot of heat from my client over issues that I can’t control or fix. Very frustrating.

Hi Guys,

Returning here to collect new feedbacks about the performance enviroment.

I have a very big app running my entire company and we rely on the stability of the previous environment to ensure that the business does not suffer from the instability and errors when performance enviroment was released.

Every day my company deals with hundreds of deadlines and I chose to wait for the performance environment bugs to be fixed before migrating to it.

Could you tell me if the new scenario is already stable and reliable, please?

I remember there being a public page with the current bug log, but I couldn’t find it anymore. Does anyone have the link to share please?

I just want to say that I think knack is awesome and I’m looking forward to being able to switch to the new performance environment, however, I can only do that when it’s really stable and reliable.

Thank you!

Hi there!

Please reach out to our support team with any concerns/questions you may have about the new performance environment. They will be able to answer anything that may have you feeling hesitant about migrating your apps to it, and they will be able to determine/coordinate with you on when we can migrate your app(s) to the new environment.

Unfortunately, we currently do not have a public page with the current bug log. However, if you have any questions about specific bugs, our support team will be more than happy to assist you and provide you with the necessary information.

Thank you for sharing, and we hope to hear from you soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like