Inserting record to connected object from a table

Hi there - I am a basketball coach and am working on building an app to help me plan out practices.

I have a Drills object that I can put all of my drills that I have in.

I then have a Practice Plan object in which I have a few pertinent details about the individual practice, then have a Many-to-One connection with the Drills object.

I have a page in which I start creating a practice plan, where I put the name of the plan and the date and time the practice will begin.

After that, it takes you to a child page in which I want to be able to select the drills from a table and add them to the current practice plan.

This seems like it should be relatively easy with an action button on the table, but it doesn’t seem to be an option and I’m at a loss on how to accomplish this.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

@hmnd This is almost exactly the same issue you coded for us, where we created a Table of Exercises and then needed to check a box to have the Exercise copied into the Workout Table. I am overdue to revisit that code for a User.

Hi, @TonyAdragn12754!

Thank you for sharing your question!

There’s the option of creating a Practice Plan grid view that includes the “Drills” connection field within it. Then, you could enable inline editing in the grid’s (formerly table view) settings which would allow you to select which Drill you would like to assign to each Practice Plan.

The reason why you are unable to do this within your Drill grid view is because the connection field exists within the Practice Plan’s table (formerly called object). If you feel that you will be editing and working more within the Drill’s table, it might serve you better to move your connection field to the Drills table to connect it with Practice Plans instead of the connection field existing in the Practice Plan’s table.

I hope this helps you accomplish your goal, however, if you need further assistance with this, please reach out to our support team via the chat widget in the Builder of your app or you can submit this form here. We would be happy to take a look at your app and give you more info on how to build this out!

Happy Knacking and have a great week! :slight_smile: