In the actions, when adding details to grids and detail views, add the option of linking to an external url

I have built an HR app for small businesses. In addition to the app, our public website contains a detailed knowledge base of employment laws in Australia.

In our HR app, I would like to add links to the relevant section of the knowledge base. Eg when a user adds a new employment contract in the app, it would be very useful if they could have a link directly to the relevant section of the knowledge base about employment contracts.

At the moment, the only way I can see to do that is to add a menu field on the relevant page in the app, which would then link to the knowledge base page. But that is not the right look and feel for the situation. (The menu buttons are way too dominant, and a smaller button link would be more appropriate).

Hi @AndrewSein56834,

Thank you for sharing this request!

I’m not sure if this would help for your scenario, but you are able to add submit rules to your forms that can be set to redirect the user to an external website URL after their submission:

For Menu view buttons, as you may already be aware of, you are able to adjust the size of the links and other design settings from the Live App Design settings.

If neither of those ideas suffice your needs, I would suggest customizing the look of your menu view buttons using CSS. Many of our customers utilize the Developer Docs to start implementing custom code. For help with doing this, you can check out our Expert Network and/or share your questions in the API & Customization category of this forum here.

I hope this info helps! Have a great week :slight_smile:

@AndrewSein56834 - Are you looking for something like this with links?

I found a work around by adding a separate menu linking to the knowledge base url, and then changing it from the default display settings, so that it looks kind of like the way I wanted. It’s not quite what I wanted, but it works.