Has anyone built an email out of Knack?

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has ever built a complete email send, receive, sorting app within Knack? Obviously not for that purpose, however I have an app that is broad in purpose, and am thinking to incorporate email management within it.

Anyone?

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes I’ve built that. The app allowed users to connect their Email Inbox (via Google/Microsoft) and view/send/sort the emails within Knack. You can look into the Nylas email API which provides an API to connect to all the major inboxes.

Ian
Knack Pros

Hi Ian,

Many thanks, just what I am after! I was trying to use Zapier or Integromat, but they basically only worked for one email address, unless you created a new zap or scenario for each use. With Nylas, can the email address by dynamic, allowing for lots of users?

Cheers

image001.png

image002.png

image004.jpg

Hi Matt,

Glad to be of help.

Yes, any-logged in user can connect his inbox to your Knack app.

As a logged-in user:

• I click a button such as “Connect with Google” or “Connect with Microsoft”.
  • I am redirected to the Google/Microsoft website to login with my credentials for Google/Microsoft.
  • I am redirected back to the Knack app.
  • The return URL contains an access token. The Knack app saves the access token to my user record.
  • Thereafter, anytime I want to retrieve/view/create an email within the Knack app, Knack makes the request to Nylas using my access token.

Hi Ian,

Oh, that simple? I will play around with it, many thanks!

Cheers

image001.png

image002.png

image004.jpg

1 Like