Email trigger using mutiple possible field changes

ISSUE 1.
I am sharing our data with another research team using a totally different product altogether.

Not in a position to encourage them to move and consolidate to one product (ours of course :slight_smile: )

So whenever certain fields change I generate an email to them advising of the change.

BUT that means generating rule after rule for specific field changes. Yes it’s nice I can color the change and highlight it but in some cases there may be 2 or 3 changes in a single session before it is submitted AND subsequently mltiple email advices on the one record !

SO what I want to achieve is 'HAS ANYTHING CHANGED IN THIS SESSION IN SELECTIVE FIELDS ?"
YES generate an email
NO dont generate anything

ISSUE 2.
THE IMPLEMENTATION IS ON A FORM WHICH HAS AN UPDATE BUTTON
I would like to have them only use the button for that purpose

But for some reason I cannot get trigger an action option for the FORM nor control over the standard submit button other than in the stgandard functions which doesnt allow much function to be built in.

I would like to do an EXIT button (other than the X top right corner) for users to back out of the screen without using the update button

Any ideas ?

Hi @RayWindlow47079,

ad ISSUE1: What about creating an “Update trail” by connecting the object “X” where you expect changes to a new child object “Update trail” with at least the following fields “Update date”, “Updated field” (MC field) and “Content”. Then, every update in “X” will trigger a record rule inserting a connected record in “Update trail”. A daily excerpt of “Update trail” could be sent via a task. Would this work for you?

ad ISSUE2: I agree, it would be useful to have an “EXIT” button in the “Form” view itself. In the past, i used an additional “Details” view to provide an “EXIT” button.

1 Like

Yes that would be a workaround.
Being lazy I was hoping I had missed that we had the inbuilt ability to nominate “OR” state conditions on something as simple functionally as this.
Probably one weakness I come across somewhat frequently is the lack of the “if-then-else” or “case” statement type of qualifications that I had years ago in Pick’s info basic programming language.
I can make it work but generating an email for every modified field is unacceptable when a multiple OR qualification to trigger it would be all that is needed. Cheers for the suggestion. I’ll look into it