Hi knack community - we are building an app and are having trouble getting Knack to display or perform functions against specific records in a table. For example - in our app users provide a weekly set of data for each of their staff members and we want to do the following:
- Display all fields in the latest record for each staff member
- Calculate and display the average of the 12 most recent records for each field in that record, for each staff member
- Calculate and display the max of each field for all records, for each staff member
Can you give more context by providing some examples? I’m willing to help.
Speaking high level based on your description, you will need:
- The Accounts object connection to your Record object (Created By, Modified By, etc)
- For displaying the object records, you can build a normal parent level page with a table of records. For displaying user records, you should build a User page with a table of users. Additionally, you could build a Report view that shows the avg, sum, & max for each user.
- To do the calculations, you need a Count field, Avg field, & Sum field and you set those fields with filters based on what you want to count, avg, or sum.
For example in one of my apps I have a Report table that breaks down these metrics for users as well as by Review Area.
Hope this helps get you started.
Thanks so much for your help. We ended up using Make scenarios as Knack seemd to require either (a) too much manual intervention or (b) we couldnt get specific enough on which fields we wanted to perform calculations on.