Dependency dropdown

Hi everyone, I have one object that has multiple fields to it and I wanted to create a sort of dependency dropdown in which, when I select on the first dropdown, the second dropdown is based on whatever selection on the first dropdown. The third dropdown is based on whatever selection on first and second dropdown…and the list goes and on and on…How can I possibly do that? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

See sample data

Hi,
Maybe it can help you. When you build your view, you can choose the value of a list in relation to a value displayed on your page. Using the show section, there are several choices depending on the connections on the table.
In the example I show you, you choose a suite (premise) according to the displayed property value

@RONALD

Drop down dependencies (or cascade drop downs) are created by relating the tables together in the builder and building out your form showing items related to that forms field.

You may find this knowledge article of use:

My college and fellow Knack Expert @DaveParrish recently recorded a short video on the subject. This is a pretty common requirement but if you need help let me know.

Check out some of my tips and tricks too :grinning:

Thanks @CarlHolmes ! Will definitely have a look at this. Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks @NancyM , will look at this as well. Cheers! :slight_smile:

No problem @RONALD - I’ve been using cascade drop downs for many years in both Microsoft Access and Knack.
The principles are the same, you just need to setup your tables correctly, as outlined in @DaveParrish video.
If you need further assistance I’m sure either one of us would be able to help.
You can find us both on the Expert Directory: Knack Experts Network

1 Like