Commercial Apps

I am curious for a project I am working on… I know there are many people who have developed an app for internal use and many consultants who have developed custom apps for various organizations, but how many admin developers here have internal company apps that have commercial viability and has anybody developed any commercially viable apps that are multi-tenant or scalable? For example an app that caters to a specific service industry or profession.

Hi Dean. We use several apps to manage our internal systems and have then scaled them to align with international standards for various sectors. We now have hundreds of users in the aged care, disability, construction and facilities management sectors using both multi tenanted and custom solutions.

1 Like

Hi Dean,
I am currently creating a SaaS app that will be sellable to multiple clients on a subscription basis if that’s what you mean. They will log in, access only their own features and data etc. It is in testing now with the first client, but so far so good.
Happy to discuss if you like.
Hugo

1 Like

@Hugo Thanks, I have developed a multi-tenant Knack app in the health, wellness and nutrition coaching field that we are integrating with another app that creates all the websites, funnels, digital communications, marketing… as an all in one solution to a business. But that being said the testing has been small and we have not scaled up use and hope the Knack app performance stays solid. I am currently working to develop a HIPAA strategy with this multi-tenant app which has its own issues beyond moving to a compliant server. We are planning to run the subscriptions out of the business and marketing app and integrate access. I am strategically evaluating using the structure to integrate into other industry niches but was wondering what niches may already have solutions built. A marketplace here would be interesting. What industry are you working in?

@PaulGear43978 Thanks, we have developed out a multi-tenant app in the health, wellness and nutrition coaching industries as an operational solution and integrating it with a business and marketing app solution. I am curious to know what kind of solution you have built in those industries. I am strategically evaluating similar models in other industries and believe having a Knack integration makes a unique offer.

Hi Dean,
Sounds impressive. I help small - medium businesses with their processes and systems, not specific to any industry really. I have clients in finance, construction, manufacturing, auditing, payroll and healthcare, so pretty varied really and some of the apps have a lot of onboarding / general management type features like timesheets, expenses, absence management onboarding, performance reviews and so on.

1 Like

Hey there! It’s awesome that you’re working on a project and looking into the potential for commercial viability. I can’t claim to be an admin dev, but I’ve seen cases where some internal company apps were transformed into great multi-tenant or scalable solutions. I think it’s all a matter of market research, understanding the customer’s needs, and honing in on a niche. For example, finding a specific service industry that’s lacking efficient software solutions and catering to their needs can lead to success. You might want to check out existing case studies or reach out to professionals in the field to get a feel for what works. On a side note, I’ve been looking into other ways to make some money, and I’m curious – how to get paid by audible? That’s a question I’ve been pondering lately. Wishing you the best of luck with your project!

1 Like