Changing Text Formulas Based on Another Field's Value

Hello Community, reaching out for some help, please.

I have a Short Text field that contains the unique code provided by Youtube to identify videos. Then, I use a Text Formula to render a viewable/playable video. The Text Formula is this:

<div class="video-responsive"><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{Short Text Video Code}" title="YouTube video player" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

This works great but I have one problem. If the Short Text field is empty, I’d like to kill the text formula so nothing is rendered and the Text Formula field is blank. I would then use Page Rules to exclude it because it is empty.

A solution seems it would be something like an IF, THEN, ELSE formula but I don’t know how to do this. So IF the Short Text Video Code exists, THEN render the video, Else make it blank/empty.

Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help.

Thank you!

Hello Stewart,

User one more text field. And add condition if “Short Text Video Code” is blank then make this field blank otherwise fill with text formula field value.

Regards,
Sunny Singla
ssingla1985@gmail.com

Thank you Sunny, that sounds very promising. Can you please show me the proper syntax for that as an example? THANK YOU!!

Sure

add rules in this new text field

Thanks

And use this new field to display video

Thank you so much Sunny. I will definitely try this out. Have a great day!

1 Like