Can I build a forum in Knack?

Hello, apologies for the silly question. But are the tools in Knack able to create a forum like this one or do I need to use an outside or third party service?

Hi Casey,

Yes! With Knack, it’s possible to create a simple forum-like platform where people can create posts and comment on them, and send direct messages to each other.

Just to be clear though, if you’re looking for a more advanced forum experience with features like mentions (“@”), real-time notifications, and so on, it might be better to go with dedicated software like the one this forum is built on, which is Discourse.

That being said, if you’re already using Knack for your business and just want to add a simple forum to your site, it could be built with Knack.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to how you create the “simple” forum using Knack? Thanks!

Hi @Loren,

While there isn’t a direct link on how to create a forum, you could study the Knack documentation and download example Knack templates to learn how it works.

If you’re not familiar with building databases, the learning curve might be a bit steep, but it’s absolutely doable.

I hope this clarifies things for you. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

1 Like

OK, thank you!

Hi @Loren !

Thank you for sharing your question here! I want to add on to what @KnackPros suggested and share that we will soon have a training and certification program and you can register to be on the waitlist to join. This program will be launching here soon!

If you’re interested, you can sign up for the waitlist by going to this page: Knack Training and Certification :rocket:

Happy Knacking!