Can a record import skip matches and only add new?

Is it possible to import records from a CSV file and have it skip records where it finds a match? I know there is an option to update an existing record if it finds a matching field (for example a matching invoice number). But, I’m wondering if there is a way to have the import skip that record if it finds a match. I don’t want it to overwrite the data in that record as it may have been updated since the last import. Really all I want the import to do is check to see if a matching record exists, if yes skip, if no create a new record.

Any thoughts?

Hey John, just wondering if you found a solution. If so, can you please share how you made this work?

I too would like to import records and only have new records added if no match is found and skip records where a match is found.

Example…

Field5 = “1234” on existing record and Field5 = “1234” on importing csv file (NO record is updated)

Field5 = “1234” on existing record and Field5 = “2468” on importing csv file (NEW record is added)

Hey Jon, sorry no I have not. For now, when it’s important that I don’t overwrite existing data I export that data from my app into CSV and combine it with the new data. Then I run a duplicate value check on the key field and remove any records that I don’t want to import.

I think I added this as a feature request so hopefully, it’s on the knack developer’s radar.