This recipe displays a banner update/announcement with your preferred message at top of selected knack pages.
Note: This uses only Knack built-in functionality with exception of one line of CSS (later).
Background: As I have very little contact with my globally dispersed app users, I wanted to create a simple announcement system that I could use to communicate important functional updates or system issues. Also, as I must frequently work in the live system, I wanted to be able to tell my users there was work going on i.e. “under construction”. Furthermore, Knack want to move my app to another server, so I also need to let my users know not to update records while this is going on.
- Announcements can be made by end-user admin (from within app)
- Two types of announcements
- Normal: i.e. update on new functionality etc
- Warning: e. system issues, don’t update record etc
- Messages display expires after x number of days
- History of updates is kept and can be displayed for users
I documented it here
Hope its of some use