Adding a button to a report column that triggers a webhook at integromat

I have webhook at integromat that I use to send custom emails (that are not possible in knack alone). The webhook looks like this:

https://hook.integromat.com/ffhfe...mutegyt?AutoID={*AutoID} where *AutoID is a unique number identifying a record in my object. Here’s the formula field in knack:
Send New Job For Customer

I would like to trigger this with a button, rather than a link. If possible, I’d like the window to not open (or at least close right away). I did some surfing and found this idea:

Send Job Delivery For Customer

It won’t even save in knack, probably for some good reason. Does anyone have any ideas? Just want to make my UI look a little better and not have so many windows to manually close.

See my article on styling Knack Apps to see how to set up buttons in tables etc

www.onlinedatabase.expert/blog

Then use a mail hook in Integromat instead of a web hook and send an email from an action link with the id sent in the subject field. You will need to set an action for the action link - I often just create a blank field and set it to nothing.

Hey Julian, Thanks much. I just added you css file and I’ve changed some of my edit/view links to buttons. Looks much better. I’ll play around with the integromat approach you mentioned as well.

Julian: Do you know a way to create a webhook to pass table data into “Make”? I know how to do the mailhook for passing data with a form.
Would like to pass data to Make from a report page in Knack.
Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi Nick

I assume you mean a specific record from a table? In which case you can continue to use the mailbox approach but send the email from an Action Link.

However, you may find this article interesting if you do need to send a web hook from Knack:

Hope this helps - if not come back to me.

Julian

This is close. Great work BTW! :blush:

What I’m trying to do is pull data from a page that contains the data I need into Make so then I can create a custom document/report with the data. I’m not able to format the data in a knack report the way I want it.

The table and form I built for this project is not giving me the ability to create a report in the format I need.

I have a table called Standard Observations with several questions for an employee to fill out. It has a multiple field with 3 options to choose from. I have created a field in the table to give those choices a value so I can count them and sum them up in the same table.

Now, I’m trying to create a report that will pull those numbers into a format for each question. The pivot table report in knack is not allowing me to show it the way I want.