Other fields allow the use of Any in the search form pull-down options. This is not the case with fields that are Connections.
Hi Henry - a Search view now allows multiple matches in the search filter field settings. You can choose between "Records can match any option" or "Records must match all options".
There is a workaround for this, but its a temporary solution that requires additional maintenance. Here's the scenario:
- Two Tables: Products and Materials
- Connection: Materials -> Products. A Product is made of one Material, a Material can be used in many Products
- Search Page for Products with several pull-down search filters for other mult-choice fields, one of them is Materials
Issue: Materials is a Connection type field so the pull-down control on the search page looks very different from the other multiple-choice field pull-down controls. Also, the Connection type filter does not support 'Any' filter value.
- Create a new Text Combo field 'Materials-TC', set its default value to Materials -> Material
- Create a new Multi-Choice field 'Materials-MC', set its default values to 'Materials-TC'. Also include one choice for every type of Material
- Update the Search interface to include a filter on 'Materials-MC'
- Make sure Material-MC and Material-TC fields do now show up on any Edit/Create views for Products