Text Formula with Date field

Hello,

I have a text formula that links to a date field with the "Yes, add options like repeat and end-time to use with a calendar." enabled. So each date field contains a From / To date

When using the text formula to link to that field, by default it displays e.g. 17/06/2018 - 20/06/2018.

Is there a way to display 1stDD - 2ndDD MMM so that the output gives 17 - 20 JUN?

I tried achieving this with formatDate, but using that function allows you to change the display of the From value only. Or I am missing something?

PS: I know that a way around it is to create two separate date fields, one for From and one for To, but the entry process when using the "Yes, add options like repeat and end-time to use with a calendar." option is smoother and more importantly, the calendar view allows the record to be displayed as a block of those dates instead of just the From or To date if I separate them into two fields.

Regards,

Ziad

For the purpose of my reply, I'll call date fields with the "Yes, add options like repeat and end-time to use with a calendar." enabled as date-range fields.

In our case the range never exceeds 30 days. So for us it would be obvious to our user that e.g. 25 - 05 JUN means 25 May / 5 June and so on. That's why I just want the possibility to display just the DAY of the first date and the DAY-MON of the second date.

Request: dateFormat() should be able to see and work with both dates in a date-range field... not just the first date as the case is at the moment.

You could probably do this in Javascript (I did something similar to convert between separate date fields and a single one with start and end so that I could display it on a calendar). The specific format you've suggested is problematic though because you would have to allow for dates in different months (or years) and adjust the output format appropriately.

Anyone?