Sticky Filters

I’m still new and learning. I have an app with three offices. Agents can sign up for a shift (AM or PM) at one of three offices. I’m using a filter so the agent can look at any of the three offices in case they will be traveling and want to take a shift at another office, so they can see the open slots at the other office, or their home office.

As I mentioned I use a filter, so if you usually work at office “B” you can see the open slots, then you sign up at office “B” and hit submit. The calendar then redisplays… and defaults back to Office “A”.

Is there a way to make the filter in use - sticky? So if you are office “B” you will see “B” until you change it to “C”?

I do realize that I could create three different calendars, each with their own filter, but I’d like to keep this as one calendar.

IF I AM UNDERSTANDING i THINK YOU COULD SIMPLY DO IT BY USING A DISPLAY GRID OF THE FILE TO START AND DO THREE SEPARATE CUSTOM FILTERS ONE FOR EACH OF THE OFFICES AS BUTTONS LIKE THIS SCREEN

SO WHEN THE DISPLAY OPENS ALL RECORDS ARE SHOWN
IN YOUR CASE ALL LOCATIONS AND SHIFTS THAT ARE AVAILABLE.
IF THE USER THEN SELECTS A SPECIFIC LOCATION FROM ONE OF THE BLUE BUTTONS THIS IN EFFECT CREATES A SUBSET DISPLAY OF ONLY SHIFTS AT THAT SPECIFIC LOCATION.
EVEN AFTER A SUBMISSION TO ACCEPT A SHIFT IT SHOULD REDRAW DISPLAYING ONLY THE SUBSET LOCATIONS SHIFTS.
IN MY EXAMPLE WE OPENED ALL STATUS RECORDS ARE DISPLAYED TO START

THE COLOR CODES ON THE SIDE DICTATE THE FILE STATUS
RED IS UNQUALIFIED
GREEN IS CONFIRMED
LIGHT BLUE UNDETERMINED

IF WE NOW PRESS ONE OF THE BLUE BUTTONS WE WILL ONLY SEE THOSE RECORDS FOR THAT STATUS

WE SLECT AN EDIT TO MAKE A CHANGE ON A RECORD IN A MODAL POPUP

DO THE UPDATE AND SUBMIT - BUT HERE IS WHERE YOU PROBABLY NEED TO WATCH THINGS - STAY ON THE SCREEN AFTER IT IS UPDATED ON THE MODAL POUP RECORD.
THEY THEN CLOSE THE POPUP USING THE x IN TOP RIGHT AND THEY WILL RETURN TO THE PREVIOUSLY SELECTED SUBSET DISPLAY

ON ODD OCCASIONS (I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO WORK OUT WHY) IT WILL RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL “ALL RECORDS” BUT BY STAYING ON THE SCREEN AND NOT ALLOWING IT TO EXIT.

YOU CAN SET THAT THROUGH THE SUBMIT RULES

Excuse all caps - I typed the damn thing without reading and watching the screen and couldn’t be bothered correcting it to upper lower sorry

Hope this helps

Thank you. Changing it to modal and then just closing the window worked perfectly.

As for the caps, I wondered why you were yelling at me :wink:

Knack makes some things really easy, but other things… At least coming from a DB2 background.

Anyhow, thank you for the suggestion, it worked and is most appreciated!

1 Like