Restrict options shown on grid filters

When building a grid, you are able to show records from an object based on the connections to the object. For example, I might choose to only show records that are connected to the same company the of the logged-in account. I am looking for a way to restrict the filters on that grid to only have the same options as what is available to the grid.

I have a grid that shows the data for the company based on user role which pulls up the correct data. When I add the ability to filter data. All of the companies show up as a selection, even though they are not connected to the logged in account and should not be able to be shown. Does anyone know how to restrict the options shown in the filter to match the grid it is applied to?

Thanks.

Hi, @KathyHiggi39830!

This might be easier to answer if our support team could take a look at your current build/setup of your grid view and connections. Please consider reaching out to us via the chat widget in the Builder of your app or by submitting this form. We will be happy to take a look at your app and assist you!

Thank you for sharing your question and happy Knacking! :slight_smile:

Hi @KathyHiggi39830 - If I understand correctly, you should be able to Restrict Connections under the FILTER OPTIONS to only show records conected to the logged in user.

That’s what I thought too, but unfortunately it doesn’t. (Or at least I didn’t find it…) It behaves like the filter does using the “contains”, “is”, “starts with” etc., type of restrictions. There is not an option to link it to the source restrictions. I assumed that it would work like the form fields where you can choose to display only those items connected to something on the screen - but it doesn’t.
Thanks for replying!

1 Like