Recurring Payments

This feature was raised several times by users during the original e-Commerce feature request.

https://support.knack.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/222501167-E-Commerce

As this feature request is now marked complete, I figured that the recurring payments funcitonality has disappeared off the radar, so wanted to create this as its own 'feature request'

+1 for this. If no native integration, at least would be nice if there were a way to pull in subscription data and update card forms from other subscription platforms like Moonclerk or Zoho.

Subscriptions have been put on the back-burner. With our recent work on the builder upgrade we're focusing on workflow and customization improvements. The demand for subscriptions certainly exists but it's much lower than those other features. This isn't to say that we'll never pick subscriptions back up, but there's no current timeline to do so.

Is there an update to this has been quite a while since this was updated.

I have the same requirement.  What is the status of this?

What's the status of this? Is it possible to create subscriptions or recurring payments with Stripe or Paypal?

As we ramp up our development for subscriptions, we'd love to hear about your subscription use cases to better align our features with your needs. If you're planning on using subscriptions in your Knack app we would appreciate it if you could fill out this short survey: https://www.knack.com/knackstars#subscriptions-survey/

And if you haven't done so yet, sign up for the Knackstars program so you can join the beta when it's ready: https://www.knack.com/knackstars#register/

I thought it was under development. I am wondering if that is still true, reading the above. This is now a GLARING omission.

We have an Enterprise account with Knack. Our monthly bill is spiralling upwards from to over 525$ a month as our app user base has grown, but the ability to actually generate revenue to pay that bill is massively impaired by not being able to enlist subscriptions. Subscriptions are one of the fundamental revenue generations mechanisms for e-commerce and apps! Heck, that’s how knack operates and bills us all! We put our faith in Knack that you guys were working on this over the last years (based on road map statements and simple logic) . Now, in order for our app and our enterprise to remain viable and self-sustaining this absolutely essential. I can only imagine that other enterprising app developers looking to use knack would come to the same conclusion! We can’t keep asking our users to make one time payments, we need a subscription system. Otherwise, we won’t be able to pay our Knack subsription!

Hi,

I wrote a post describing how to add subscriptions to your Knack app.

You can see the instructions here: Add Subscriptions To Your Knack App

You can see the live demo here from Stripe.

Your customers will be able to:

• Update subscriptions.
  • Cancel subscriptions.
  • Pause subscriptions.
  • Resume subscriptions.
  • View their active subscriptions.
  • View their current and past invoice history, and download invoices.
  • Update payment methods.
  • Update billing information, including their tax IDs.

My clients love it. They generate recurring revenue and look professional, as well.

For those unfamiliar with Stripe, it’s the payment processor used by Amazon, Shopify, Uber and many others.

-Ian
Knack Pros

1 Like