Multiple users for builder

We have an intern that has shown interest in learning Knack. I want to create an app for him to play around and learn, but I don’t want to give him access to my main app. Is there a way to get a 2nd account for the builder and restrict it to only certain apps?

Hi @Joshua,

Thanks for asking! You can always add the intern as a shared builder to specific apps in your account: Sharing Apps with Shared Builders

I hope this helps! Please let our support team know if you need any assistance with this or have any questions. You can reach them with this form here: Create Support Ticket

Have a great rest of your week! :slight_smile:

When I created an account for him it says it is a trial account. Do I have to pay for the basic plan for him once the trial is up? He will not be creating any of his own apps, he will only be working on my app.

Creating an account for him is not necessary. Shared builders are added to apps via the dashboard. I created a quick gif to share how you can add a shared builder to apps from the Dashboard:

sharedbuilder2

He will receive an email letting him know that he has been granted access to the app with a link to it. He can then use that link to sign into the app with the same email address. For the password, if he does not have a Knack account (which is not necessary), he will be prompted to set up a password to log into Knack. If he already has an account with that email address, he will need to use his previous password or reset his password using the “forgot password” option on the login screen.

Once logged in, he will be directed to his dashboard where he will be able to see the shared app that you added him as a Shared Builder to (see example below). After selecting the app, he will be able to start working in the Builder.

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team if you need further assistance! :slight_smile: