Introducing the Knack Toolkit Library (KTL) in pre-relase - by Cortex R&D Inc

Hi to all,

I’ve been working on this project for over a year now, and it’s time to share it with the world.

KTL is an open-source Javascript library specifically designed for Knack’s environment. Its purpose is to accelerate the development of your apps by adding wide range of features, from most basic to quite advanced.

Go see it here on GitHub: Knack Toolkit Library on GitHub

Take note that all code and documentation is only in a pre-release state. Don’t use this library for any serious development since anything can change at this point and until we reach the first official release.

Let me know what you think of it. Hope you’ll find it useful, and will collaborate to its development.
I will soon create some demos and tutorials on how to integrate it in your own Apps.

Sincerely,
Normand Defayette

5 Likes

wow ! pretty interesting looking stuff. What is your business model for this . Is it just open source or are there costs involved tks Noel

Full Open-Source!!! Gratos!!! Go see the license: it’s GPLv3.
All I need is some collaborators to test it, debug and add more features.

Norm

1 Like

Nicely done Norm!

I love the concept of placing the code on a separate server. Having such a server open to the web, allows many more features and opportunities, like cross app functions. I truly hope to see this evolving :slight_smile:

Thanks
Nir

https://find.knack.com/definitions#home/

Fantastic Norman!

In the CSS file, what the “User Filters” code does?

Wow, i’l be back with feedback. Thank you so much for creating this.

You’re referring to these few lines:

/* User Filters - BEGIN */
.activeFilter {
border-width: 2px;
}

.filterControl {
display: flex;
width: 30px;
}
/* User Filters - END */

They control what the buttons look like in the User Filters section (in red). Right now, there’s the Save button and all those created by the user next to it, but more will comem like the “All” button that will remove any currently active filter.

1 Like