Export Filed Names and Numbers

Hello!
Is there a way to download all the field names and field numbers in a table please?

If I export a record I get all the field NAMES in the order they are shown, but no field numbers

We have a back up routine that exports all the field data to an Excel Sheet which gives all the field NUMBERS - in Numerical order which is not necessarily the same as the Name order! I need to map the names to the numbers. I COULD do it manually but the specific table in question has 114 fields, so if there is a way to get to this, I’d greatly appreciate it!

(I have looked at the data model and this shows exactly the info I need (see screenshot), but I cant seem to export that or copy the list to paste into excel. I’ve also tried copy paste from the list of fields in the data section of the builder and then doing some excel magic to separate into columns, but I cant seem to capture everything in the copy/paste part)

Many thanks in advance!

LesleyB

Export the data in JSON format.
Then use a tool like this to convert it into CSV or Excel. (Click me)

Hey @Lesley, you’re right, there’s definitely no way of getting field keys and names directly from the Builder interface.

I use Power Query in Excel to automatically grab this application data on demand, which you can watch a brief video on here:

This is good for grabbing metadata on your tables/fields, table record counts, and so much more.

Let me know if that helps you!

1 Like

Many thanks Stephen
I will take a look at this for future reference; in this particular case it was quicker to manually add the field numbers than spend time learning something new! :wink: