Ability to show forms with certain less important groups collapsed

We need the ability to show forms in the App with certain less important groups collapsed, but the end-user needs to be able to expand them as necessary.

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the tip about making a pop-up to get to the advanced / less-often used fields.

I did find an even work-around though:

1. Add a Yes/No field to the Object called "Advanced Features"
  2. Set the form display rules to "show/hide" the advanced fields only when it's clicked.
  3. Set the form rules to clear the Yes/checked state on save to hide the advanced fields for next time.

AP

Would a link from a view displaying the Basic fields to View or Edit the Advanced fields in a separate view work? You could make that view a popup if you wanted as well if that helped.

Hi Brad,

The issue I'm having is that some forms are several screens of scrolling long due to the huge number of fields I have in some apps, however, not all groups of fields in a form always need to be edited each time. They can be broken up into Basic fields and Advanced fields, which are used less frequently. This is why it would be nice to be able to collapse input fields placed into a group of a form.

AP

AP - do you mean expanding and collapsing table groups?