Time Equation Formula

We have people check in at our office and then they wait in the waiting room for X amount of time.  I am trying to design a formula that shows our front desk how long each person is waiting.  Therefore, the formula needs to be current time minus when there check in time was.  How would this formula be set up with the current time function?

Hi Josh,

If you look on the right side of the screenshot you posted, you'll see "Date" selected for "Result Type". Try switching that to "Number", since the result should be a number of hours rather than a certain day or time. Let me know how it goes!

The image above shows how I have set up the equation.  However, below is the result is producing: 

Hi Josh,

I recommend using this article as a starting point: Calculate age in years from birthday

Try giving that a shot as a starting point, and then you can apply it to your Waiting Time formula field. Just be sure you have it calculating the difference in hours rather than years. Feel free to send us an email at support@knackhq.com if you run into any issues along the way!