Social media (Facebook) meta tags

It would be helpful if social media, eg. Facebook, meta tags were included in the page's content so that we could easily post our event Knack records with the correct information to Facebook (see Sharing Debugger here https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/). On Facebook those tags would include: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id.

Currently these tags aren't included so it needs to be done with custom code.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Currently I use jQuery to inject meta tags into the head but the crawlers don't detect it (Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter). I even tried enabling Netlify "prerendering" to give bots a prerendered version of my site but the crawlers still didn't detect the meta tags. 

Yes, this would be super to have the option to add facebook meta tags to a view for sharing.    We've had to export our data via email to a wordpress site, for posting, in order to share our content and have control of meta and OG tags!! 

Singla, if you have a better way to do this, please let us know.

Russell

Yes it's very usefull. 

Currently we achieve this by two methods

Regards,

Sunny Singla

ssingla1985@gmail.com

Knack would greatly benefit from adding social media sharing capabilities because many people use Knack to manage events.  All of these events will be much better attended if Knack implements social media sharing capabilities.

Even this community you are reading right now supports social media sharing, but Knack apps currently do not.