Show detail record of selected record on grid on same screen

Hello team,

I want to have a Table on the same screen as the detail view and when you select a row in the table it shows the detail of that selected record. how can i do this.

Thanks

Hi, James!

Thank you for sharing your question here. After adding the Grid view to your Details page, you can add an action link to the Grid view which will be shown as an additional column. You can learn more details about this in our Using Action Links article.

The column labeled as “View Event details” in the image below is an example of how that would look in your Grid view:

If this information doesn’t help you achieve your goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via the chat widget in the Builder or by submitting this form. They will be more than happy to help you with this or any other questions you may have!

Happy building! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time. I do know of this way an sorry I didnt word the request better. So what i am trying to do is on that same screen have a Detail view below the Grid and with you select the 1st row it shows the selected rows details. I want to show the info on the same screen without going to a new screen

1 Like

Ah, I see, thank you for clarifying! No worries, it’s difficult to explain what you’re looking to build in Knack with text. We understand! :slight_smile:

I don’t believe that the specific functionality you’re looking to implement is achievable using the current out-of-the-box features in Knack. While the out-of-the-box features have certain limitations, there are often creative workarounds and solutions that can help you get closer to your desired outcome. I suggest reaching out to a Knack expert using this page here if you don’t find the customization details here from a fellow community member. There could be a solution using custom code that they could help you implement or another way that they have helped our customers accomplish this in the past.

It might also be a good idea to share this in the API & Customization section of the forum in case our experts don’t see this post in the Help Center.

Best of luck to you, James! Have a wonderful Friday :slight_smile:

What you are describing is a pretty basic feature. Lots of products have this or similar. For example, Noloco has this. But the real problem with Knack is their utter lack of transparency. They have no roadmap and they don’t tell their users anything. So we have no idea, if and when, we will ever get any new features.