Set end time for calendar based on date, time and duration held elsewhere

Hi

I think perhaps the answer to this is already within the community posts - but a mixture of a few. 

I have a integromat trigger that is bringing in the date of an appointment, the start time (say 9:00am). Then for each appointment type (a connected object) I have the set duration of the appointment - e.g. Physio is 30 mins, Driver Medical is 45 mins). I then have an equation field that works out the finish time for the appointment, say, 9:30am. So from these four fields, I want to produce a date for the calendar view that uses the from and to elements so that on the calendar view, it is showing the correct duration, start time and end time for each of the appointments. But, my question is, how do I get those fields in to a calendar date field? I have tried to use an equation field to combine all of those elements together, and then put that in to a new date field using conditional formatting, but that isn't working.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

Did anybody find a solution for this calendar time period issue other than JS? 8947499407

I'd have thought this would've been a feature by now. There must be a way to influence the default time period.

Any update here? Similar function required.  Thanks!!

I have been hoping this would be addressed for years now. The ability to manipulate all calendar data (beginning date, beginning time, ending time, ending date) easily with formulas and equations is a basic function. I can't understand how this still is not addressed. It's very frustrating.

Same here Kim.

Need to combine a simple date + duration = date/time for display on calendar view.

Trying to avoid JS to manipulate a field on a form to achieve it.

Tried multiple equations swapping between numbers and dates and just can't seem to influence the end date of a date field at all.

Hi Mike

Did you manage to get anywhere with this? I've hit a dead end!

Thanks

Kim

Hi Mike 

Thanks for the interest. I haven't been able to do it yet! I'm trying different things but to no avail. If you can put me in the right direction using javascript or jquery I'd be incredibly grateful. I don't know much about them but any pointers I can look in to myself.

If I find a way around it - I'll be sure to let you know.

Kim

Hi Kim

I'm about to tackle exactly the same challenge myself. I am building a practice management application for an ophthalmologist and the requirements are the same: 20 minutes for a standard eye test, 35 minutes for diabetic screening, 10 minutes for dispensing etc.

So I am really interested to see how you get on with this! I am resigned to having to use some javascript or jquery but I'd be happy to share my work with you once I'm done if you'd be happy to reciprocate.

Let me know.

Mike

Is this solved? I really need to be able to set a date and duration using equations, like a simple date with a set duration and write this to the “complex” date field. Any options?

Would you please supply more information?

You can take a date/time field and calculate a duration/appointment in minutes then convert that to a fraction/percentage of an hour and add that to the starting date/time to arrive at the ending date/time. I think you’d posted something to this effect late last year.

Yes it the writing of the complex (calendar) entry that I can’t do. i.e create a complex date calendar entry with a simple date and a duration, or 2 simple dates.

Example: field 1 has a simple date/time, field 2 is also a simple date/time that is 30 minutes later (thats a simple matter of adding 30 minutes to field 1, no problems). However I need to then create a calendar entry, field 3, with that date and time start time, and going for 30 minutes, or using filed 1 and field 2 somehow.

If I have missed something, let me know! Cheers.

Sadly, I’ve come to the same conclusion as all those before us trying “conventional methods”. Have you looked at Date/Time Workaround (public) - Google Docs ?