Power BI Embedded javascript code

Hi guys,

Is anyone using power bi embedded version? The one that dont require a power bi pro licence for everyone that access the reports and dashboards?

I really need help to integrate it with Knack. I already connected Knack database do power bi desktop and now I would like to embbed it to my knack app. But with the iframe code.

Tks.

Hi, I am interested to learn about your process for linking Knack with Power BI. I’m attempting to achieve the same outcome, but I’m facing challenges due to the page’s current constraints. Thank you for your help in advance.

Just for everyone’s benefit, this can be achieved on a free Power BI license, so long as your admin settings allow for ‘creating a public link’ within Power BI Service. I have previously embedded a public iframe (no JS required) onto a Knack page using a Rich Text view. The drawback is it doesn’t sync with Knack data in live-time like the Knack charts do. The way around this was building in a button that users can click to trigger a manual refresh of the Power BI report, which takes a couple of minutes (depending on report size).
I try to keep away from public links in Power BI, as your Power BI data is not login-protected.

1 Like

Hi @StephenChapman , @RonB , @Guilhermeb42087,

do you have any experience with tools like Invantive Cloud? https://cloud.invantive.com/en/knack/power-bi-connector

Hi @Wolfgang_Brötz. I’ve never used Invantive Cloud, but I assume they are just selling custom connectors.