Number Field

Seems like there was a change today related to number fields. I have a number field in a currency format. In this instance it adds a $ sign into the field before the number. As of today I cannot submit forms with this field and get an error saying “Values entered in number and currency fields must be numeric”.

What happened?

1 Like

Hi, Ryan!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We appreciate your vigilance in helping us improve our platform.

I wanted to inform you that the issue you’ve reported is already known to our internal team, and a fix was implemented earlier today. However, if you’re still experiencing this issue, a detailed report helps us in our troubleshooting process, and we would love to help you get your forms working as they should.

To ensure that we address your specific case accurately and promptly, we kindly request that you reach out to our dedicated support team. They will be able to gather additional information from your particular case and provide personalized assistance based on your unique app.

You can contact our support team by utilizing the chat widget in the Builder or by submitting this form.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. My users cannot edit a form unless they manually remove the $ in front of the number. Has this fix been rolled out to everyone?

Hi @Joshua,
Yesterday’s fix was for negative numbers - we’ve got a fix coming in the hour (or sooner) for the $ issue.
We’re so sorry this wasn’t caught!
Thanks,
Kara

1 Like

@Joshua sorry - we are still working on the fix, it’s taking a bit longer :frowning:

All fixed now - thanks for your patience

1 Like

I realise this is stating the obvious, but this highlights the risks you bear when rolling out unannounced changes universally without considering how your user base might be affected. The $ case and of course negative numbers are pretty obvious use cases that you should have considered and tested for. Had you maybe communicated your intent to update field validation a week or two AHEAD of doing so, you may have had the user base provide feedback before it broke their apps. Hopefully a learning experience for Knack developers.