New Feature: Field Key Toggle

We are excited to announce that field keys are now available directly in the Builder for easy access! We know it was tricky to find field keys in your app, especially if you were using custom code and required access to lots of field keys. With that in mind, you can now display and search field keys in the Schema section of your Builder, all with one click.

field_key_toggle

To display the field keys, click the ID icon to toggle on field keys. Once they are toggled on you can search the field keys in the Builder and view the field keys alongside the field names for each field.

You can find our updated documentation here and here to learn more about using fields and field keys.

Let us know what you think below!

8 Likes

Thanks team - I’ve been using custom JS in the builder to do this for ages and it makes a massive difference when adding JS & CSS to our apps.

1 Like

GREAT JOB!! Having it as a visual option is perfect to not charge the view.

1 Like

This is an awesome feature. Proved useful immediately after it was made available.

Is there any plans on including the field names in the API output as well?

1 Like

A welcomed addition. Thx

1 Like

Great to see these new updates coming through since the launch of the new builder. :facepunch:

2 Likes

This feature is a gamechanger for those of us writing custom code. I no longer have to refer to the spreadsheet that I was keeping with all the information.

2 Likes

That was not part of this particular feature release, but I’ll make note of that request coming up again.

1 Like