Live App: View Link Styles

Using it too already!! I wasn’t sure it was new, so yes it was!

Works wonderfuly! simple and usefull!

GREAT Knack Team!! go go go!!!

1 Like

Excellent work. Loving the change.
Comes 1 week after I was moving to the default styles when I realised I couldn’t do individual overrides I reverted back to my old style. Guess I can move forward again on this, I thought it was going to be a lot further off.
As these are overrides I am guessing that you would need to update these should you ever change your default design, or are settings inherited except those that are changed?
Was looking for one design through the site and just changing the colour, if I change the default I am thinking I will need to go and update all the overrides also?

Thank you again.

1 Like

Hi Adrian, great news and good question!

The settings here will not be affected by any changes to your default design settings. In addition, if you disable the link’s custom design settings, the link will use the design settings you have set globally.

Hi Ranasha,

Thanks so much! This is great, well done to the knack team.

Is there any chance that the choice of being able to visualise links & files to either be the file name or be a button be added to global styles? Having the full link or file name in a table takes up way to much space and for my users they don’t care what the file name or link is, they just want to be able to click and access it.

@Ranasha , please increase the gif size to see it well. tks

Be great if we could specify the amount of padding on the button. As an example, the below shows the padding using CSS against the outline on the override. This makes the column wider which can be an issue when you have wider tables or mobile pages.

1 Like

Since you bring this point @CarlHolmes … I have the same request.

To increase button/tab size on the side, one can just add blank spaces.

An example MENU Tabs: Legacy vs Fill

An other request:
Icon position: automatic position in middle when there is no text.

As long as people are piling on: Table Filter Menus! Out of the box they are as ugly as hell!

You might want to try that in CSS section meanwhile:

/Navigation, Filters, Search/
.kn-records-nav { display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; }
.kn-records-nav > div { margin-right: 20px; }
.js-filter-menu.tabs .is-active a { background-color: #FFFFFF!important; color: #ededed!important; box-shadow: none!important; }
.kn-content .tabs.is-toggle a { border-color: #F2F3F4!important; }
.tabs.is-toggle .is-active a { color: #194f69!important; }
.kn-records-nav .kn-pagination select { border-color: #F2F3F4; height: auto; }
.table-keyword-search .kn-button.search { background-color: #F2F3F4; height: 38px;
font-size: 16px; padding: 20px 20px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 20px;
padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; }

In my App, the links are either as a button, menu, or with a blue text color.
But I do not like underlined text link since it is redundant of blue text and not clean.

All over my App, sometimes the text links are not underlined and sometimes they are. I don’t remember the rule about that.

But now is the time, improving the View Link Style, to tacle this subject.

In the Text option, we should be able to choose to underline it or not.
Or you can propose among the “colors”: transparent.

This is a great update. :+1:

1 Like