Edit icon defined globally in the app Settings->Design View Links

Bring Edit type link global definition format and icon in the App settings View Links

In all my apps I can set different icons for view delete and action links. The one I am missing the most and is bringing me hundreds of clicks is to define different icon for those edit links not a view details links…

I believe adding it in the settings of the app and applying global settings for Edit type of links would save many users a lot of time and in the end nerves bringing the app higher level across every app.

And … for knack team it is probably almost zero additional work to make it happen as other types already exist!

Welcome to the Knack community and thank you for sharing!

I will share this feature request with our team for consideration. Just to confirm, you would like edit action links (as highlighted below) to be available in the View Links section of the Live App Design settings?

Edit: If so, using the “Page Links” section would allow you to customize the “edit record” links in views, but this setting would also apply to “view record” links. Are you hoping that there could be an option here (second image) in the design settings to explicitly only customize the “edit record” links?

Hi, Half of my links are currently edit links and half view links, I do manually differentiate them changing the icon on edit page links to edit icon and this is so annoying to repeat.
Edit links are linking to edit record pages and view links to details pages, so they can be easily differentiated on knack side and new type of defined page link could be created for the whole app.
when I select an action to add edit link knack deliberately knows which type of link i am adding.

summarizing I would like edit action links (as highlighted below) to be available in the View Links section of the Live App Design settings? I AM HOPING that there could be an option here (second image) in the design settings to explicitly only customize the “edit record” links?

Thank you so much for reacting to my post. All, please vote if you need it ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Marek1

Seconded

We must manually add icons to most links, which when adding in the builder will either be an:

*Edit Record
*View a Record

It would be nice to be able to set a default for these links with the option to change the icon at view level if needed.

Craig