Hide buttons when print

Hi everyone, how can I hide the button on my table when printing? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

One of my coding colleagues may jump in on this one. However, as I’m not a coder I can suggest the method I use. I add a new page called “Print Preview”, on that page I copy over the components you want to print and then I delete all the edit and detail links. This gives you a “clean” printable version of your live app page.

2 Likes

Hi @CarlHolmes thanks for taking the time on this. I actually found my code on hiding the buttons when on print mode. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

@RonB - Could you share the code, I’d appreciate being able to do the same without having to create a separate view. :+1:

1 Like

@CarlHolmes here you go. Place it in CSS code tab.

/*Remove buttons when in print mode*/
@media print {
  .kn-table-link {
  display: none;
     }
  }

Thanks @RonB - looks like a very simple code snippet. I’ll give it a go. I’ll mention this to the product team (@Kara) as being able to set this as an option without code would be very useful.

1 Like

Thanks and credit to @RonB for providing this simple but effective solution to hiding page links when printing. I also managed to work out how to hide menus.
Not sure I’ve done it the best possible way, but I’m not a coder :blush:

1 Like