Hello Knack community.
I have been able to create a way to Version an App with the help of Melissa @ Soluntech.
The problem is some of our users are not tech savvy and don't even know how to refresh their web page. Also this allows us to track if users are up to date in the app version so we know if they have problems it is their problem or ours.
- We created an object called "Version" that just has a number field (like 1.5).
- We added a connection from Accounts to Version (it lives on the Accounts object)
- We added another 3 fields on Accounts
- App Version EQ which is an equation field to pull in current version (or else the Conditional Rule below doesn't work).
- Current User Version (number)
- Is version current? (Y/N) that uses Conditional Rules that if Current User Version = App Version EQ then Yes otherwise No
- Added a form on the main homepage that pops up and shows both the Current App Version and the Current User Version.
- Record Rules are to update the Current User Version to the Connected App Version.
- And we use page rules to hide the form if the 'Is version current?' field is Yes
Also if you wanted to kick it up a notch you can create another object to track each time a user updates the app.