Chrome Shortcut for Knack App - Not working as expected

We have developed a couple apps that are primarily used with mobile phone devices for both iOS and Android.

Rather than having the customer open Safari or Chrome and enter the URL for our apps each time they want to use apps, we have them add a website shortcut to their device.

So for example, for an Android user using Chrome, we would have them initially log into the website with provided URL, press the three dots and the upper right hand corner on screen, press add to “Add to Home Screen” and they are given the option to change the name and add the shortcut with our logo to their device. Once the press “Add to Home”, Chrome shortcut with our company logo is created.

Up until lately, it has been working fine. But I’ve noticed in the last couple weeks or so, the user can add the Chrome shortcut to their device but the icon is generic and NOT our company logo that has been working for months. On my personal Android phone, I added the custom shortcuts several months ago and they work and look just fine with our logo in the shortcut.

I tried adding a shortcut using Chrome on a couple employees that also have Androids and with same result, generic logo.

If I try adding the shortcut on a iOS device using Safari, works just fine with custom logo. Not sure why it won’t work any more with Chrome using a Android or iOS device.

Like I stated earlier, anyone that has installed the shortcut on their Android device with Chrome, our company logo appears on their device, it’s just the new user that tries to add the shortcut that have a generic logo that contains a box with the letter “K” inside of it.

Any and all help would be appreciated on this.

Thank you… JON