Can I get the rsponse format of the object requests with real object keys? not field_xxx

Hello everyone, am suprised to see knack has an active community just as I was about to dismiss it as crap.
Is it possible to get a response in a better way? I mean knack default returns below when you query an object,
{
“id”: “615b2255b0ac61001eff7345”,
“field_112”: “19179d2fd167d2ec30ccfba2109883a3”,
“field_113”: “John”,
“field_114”: “Support”,
“field_115”: true,
}
would love something like
{
“id”: “615b2255b0ac61001eff7345”,
“_id”: “19179d2fd167d2ec30ccfba2109883a3”,
“name”: “John”,
“category”: “Support”,
“isActive”: true,
}
This is because I need to use the data elsewhere outside knack.

Secondly, On connections, It only returns the id of the connected field, which pisses me off abit, sorry to say but, whats the main intention of relations? Is there something am misssing here?

Will apreciate an insight from someone, thanks

Hey Edgars.

This is something I’ve had a problem with before but just gave up and either started coding in the field name associated with the ID or just using it as is wherever needed. One long but easy way I know of getting the field id:name map is to use the applications API endpoint to get a dump of the entire app and use it to create the map you need. You can access the same at:

https://api.knack.com/v1/applications/app_id

Also, the API output should include a field_xx_raw key which has the display field of the connected value. Not sure if this is what you’re looking for. If you want the data of the connected field, you’ll need to make a call to the respective object. I’m not aware of any other way to do this.